Everyone plays. Everyone wins. Youth Sports strive to enhance every child’s personal growth and development, sports skills, and fundamentals. Fair play and sportsmanship, values and a sense of teamwork and physical fitness are incorporated into all we do. And, on top of that, kids have fun!
Our programs fill kids’ discretionary hours with positive activities and caring, adult attention. Coaches – often volunteers, including many parents – emphasize teamwork and cooperation over winning at any cost. Developing good values is far more important than developing the next superstar.
YMCA YOUTH BASEBALL
YMCA Baseball is designed to teach young baseball players the fundamentals of the game. Participants will learn how to catch, thrown, and bat in a fun team atmosphere. The focus of the league is to have fun, meet a new friend and play in a safe environment.
- Registration is open for youth baseball!
- Baseball will be for 7-12 year-olds, with games being held Jun 13-July 16, the registration deadline is May 8.
- The cost to play is $40 for members and $55 for non-members.
- Registrations are closed for T-ball.
The Quinsippi Soccer League promotes the sport of soccer in the Quincy area for the educational, developmental, and recreational enjoyment of the youth.
- Registration is now open through May 1.
- There is a boy’s league and a girl’s league.
- Games will be played Saturday mornings or Sunday afternoon at the Quinsippi soccer fields. The season will start May 14 and run through June 19.
- The cost is $60 per child for the spring session.
- Shin guards are required, cleats are strongly recommended, kids in K-3rd grade will play with a size 4 ball and kids in 4th grade plus will play with a size 5 ball.
Register to play here.
YMCA YOUTH VOLLEYBALL
The Youth Volleyball league teaches players the fundamentals of the game with an emphasis on teamwork. Athletes will learn how to pass, set, hit, and serve.
- Games will be March 26-May 7 and will be held on Saturdays at the Y.
YMCA YOUTH BASKETBALL
The goal of the Quincy Family YMCA’s Youth Basketball League is to teach young players the fundamental skills of the game, while also learning the values of SPORTSMANSHIP, HARD WORK, TEAMWORK AND DETERMINATION. This year we’re introducing something new, and doing a Boy’s League and a Girl’s League for athletes in 1st-6th grade.
YMCA YOUTH FLAG FOOTBALL
Participants learn the FUNDAMENTAL of football in a team setting with emphasis on teamwork, sportsmanship and FUN. Players are led by Y volunteer coaches and play games that teach the basic offensive and defensive skills and positions of football.
Cancellation Hotline (217) 257-8260
Youth Sports may be canceled in the case of inclement weather. If it’s raining or there is bad winter weather, please call (217) 257-8260 after 4:00pm Monday through Friday or 10:00am on Saturday and Sunday to find out if games have been canceled for the day. This number is only updated in the instance of a cancellation. If you call and an old cancellation message is what you hear, assume the scheduled games are being played as planned.
Team & Sign Sponsorship
Attention Business Owners: Want to see your logo on shirts worn by kids all over town? How about on a sign at a ball field where over 1,000 kids enjoy team sports? The Quincy Family YMCA offers many sponsorship options. For more information, contact us at 217-222-9622.