The backbone of every YMCA is its volunteers. These volunteers make a difference by giving caring attention to our children and teens, helping families to become successful and strong, and supporting people of all ages to strive for healthier lives.
Through many opportunities for giving, children can build self-esteem and discover personal talents at the Y. Teens can connect with peers and positive adult role models while learning leadership skills. Adults can develop new friendships and feel more connected in the entire community. No matter how you help, you’ll make a big difference as you work with others to create a feeling of connectedness in your community.
YMCA Volunteer Opportunities
- Youth Sports: coach a youth sports team
- Assist with special events, such as 5K walks/runs, sprint triathlons, and deadlift competitions
- Help out with youth swim lessons
- Tutor or mentor youth in our After School Program
- Solicit donations for annual fundraising campaign
- Serve as a member experience greeter
- Assist with the maintenance of buildings and facilities
- Provide administrative or clerical support
- Join one of the Y’s local boards and committees
To find out more about the volunteer opportunities at the Quincy Family YMCA, please contact us at (217) 222-9622.