Strength for Survivors is a FREE exercise and wellness program for cancer survivors. This 6 week program meets twice a week for 60 minutes. Participants also receive a FREE 2 month membership as part of the program.
FOCUS of the Program
- Cardiovascular endurance
- Increase flexibility
- Enhance functional ability to do everyday tasks
- Improve energy levels, build muscle mass & strength
- Confidence, self-esteem & emotional well-being
- Develop an on-going physical fitness program, not only as part of recovery, but as a way of life
CRITERIA for Participation
- Strong personal desire and a commitment to participate in the program
- Commit to attending 80% of the classes
- Inform your physician that you plan to join the program
- Receive medical clearance if you are currently undergoing treatment
- Referral from a physician that releases them to participate in physical activity
“Strength for Survivors provided the confidence I needed to get back to exercising after my cancer treatments. The instructor was very caring and compassionate. The bond we created convinced me join the Y and start taking classes.” – Cathy, Strength for Survivors participant.
“It has made me feel better, stronger. The program is geared towards me, the individual. I was told I would heal better with exercise so here I am!” – Joyce, Strength for Survivors Participant
More Information or to Register: Jessica Webster
(217) 222-9622 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is made possible in part by the Tracy Family Foundation, Paul H. & Anne B. Gardner Memorial Fund through the Community Foundation, Blessing Hospital Community Health Fund through the Community Foundation, a Penny Power Grant from the Adams Electric Cooperative, and the Richard A. Perritt Charitable Foundation.