Strength for Survivors is a FREE exercise and wellness program for cancer survivors. This 6 week program meets twice a week for 60 minutes. Participants also receive a FREE 2 month membership as part of the program.
FOCUS of the Program
- Cardiovascular endurance
- Increase flexibility
- Enhance functional ability to do everyday tasks
- Improve energy levels, build muscle mass & strength
- Confidence, self-esteem & emotional well-being
- Develop an on-going physical fitness program, not only as part of recovery, but as a way of life.
CRITERIA for Participation
- Strong personal desire and a commitment to participate in the program
- Commit to attending 80% of the classes
- Inform your physician that you plan to join the program
- Receive medical clearance if you are currently undergoing treatment.
- Referral from a physician that releases them to participate in physical activity
More Information or to Register: Johanna Voss, Wellness Director
(217) 222-9622, ext. 207 or firstname.lastname@example.org